Friday, April 18, 2014

My favourite way to be rid of Mealy bugs, Aphids and other plant pests.

Easy and Fun way to get rid of Mealy bugs and aphids.

I hear lots of complaints from friends that their plants and garden are infested with Mealy Bugs or Aphids they want to get rid off.

Yes there are many other organic and chemical free methods such the Garlic, Chilli peppers and Neem oil sprays. ( I shall post something on this later ).

What I have here is all about FUN.


This is what i used in the video. It is a simple lighter normally used to light up cigars. Bought it at a petrol station for MYR 10.00 (USD 3.50) . I call him my Badass Bug Burner. 

Along the way I found another larger one that is used for making Creme Brûlée at home. Well this can be used for  larger infestations or for larger areas. I call his big brother the BigBadass Bug Burner. 


After finishing the topical elimination using this method, the plant can be hosed down with high pressure hose to rid of the dead insects and wash off the weak ones.

Later on, coat the plant with a nice concoction of Chilli Pepper, garlic and Neem Oil Spray preparation.

Happy Trying and Happy Gardening.


No comments:

Post a Comment