Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My First Post

The writing bug has sort of hit me. I realised I like sharing ideas and information especially to those closest to me.  I have been sharing my experiences, hints and observations while gardening my own little patch of heaven through a gardening group on Facebook. I found that many people love gardening, but somehow either do not know where to start or have some form of mild fear in doing something. I am wondering why is that so....

I am of the opinion that we should be fearless in gardening. Just do what you feel is right. Do not be afraid of making mistakes, for only with mistake do we learn better and remember not to repeat again.

You will never stop learning when it comes to gardening and more so in every faction of life. Every plant has its nuances, likes, dislikes, growing requirements, nutritional needs, water needs and so on.

Every garden is a micro-climate in itself. What works for me may or may not work for lot down the road. So testing and experimenting is by far the only way to "feel" out your plants' needs. The shade of a large tree, the wind that passes through your little plot of heaven, the subsoil water flow directions in that plot and the sunrise-sunset directions, are all contributors to how well your plant grows.

It is my wish that I shall share things, that along the way, I feel and bring important meaning to me and my life, it will not be just gardening but also tips I have learnt along the way, home repairs, cool tools, my gardening and plant experiments, especially trying to keep things organic and basically just some of life's gifts that we may have taken for granted.

So thank you for reading this and hope that we can enjoy this journey together.

Peace and Love to y'all.



No comments:

Post a Comment